Mom's Lemon Chicken Recipe
This Lemon Chicken Recipe is, much like our Mom, the hands-down best. Why is it among our most-requested recipes? Perhaps it's because the chicken is marinated in white wine and lemon juice, or that it's topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar or, it could be because it's baked in a citrus broth mixture to juicy perfection. You better stock up on lemons because this Lemon Chicken is going to become a weeknight staple.
Bite Me Bit
“I believe if life gives you lemons, make lemonade...then find someone that life gave vodka to and have a party.”
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
6 lemon slices
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, for topping
1) Combine lemon juice, olive oil, white wine and chicken breasts in a large glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3) In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and lightly coat in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
4) In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add half the chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to the prepared baking dish and repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and chicken, adding to baking dish in a single layer.
5) Sprinkle brown sugar over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.