Chunky Chocolate Coffee Cake Recipe
On the days we’re short on time and long on appetite, this is our go-to dessert. A perfectly luscious cake that’s overrun with creamy chunks of chocolate, you’ll be able to get it from pantry to oven in less time than it takes to brew a pot of coffee.
Bite Me Bit
“And above all...Think Chocolate.”
2 cups chopped milk chocolate
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp margarine
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the topping, in a small bowl, combine milk chocolate, brown sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
3) For the cake, in a food processor, combine sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla. Process for 2 minutes.
4) Mix sour cream with baking soda in a measuring cup. Let stand for 30 seconds.
5) Add sour cream to food processor and mix 3 seconds. Add flour and baking powder, pulsing 4 times or until flour disappears.
6) Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Cover with half of the topping. Repeat with remaining batter and topping. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Crazy for chocolate? We've got more where this recipe came from, including this Chocolate Monkey Bread and this Decadent Chocolate Rice Krispie Crunch Cake!